A Senior Move Manager® is a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM) and is committed to providing professional assistance to older adults and their families.
The Move Planners have been a part of NASMM since 2013 and have earned the Circle of Service designation. We participate in ongoing training to stay up to date with industry standards.
Senior Move Managers® use a step-by-step plan and a moving checklist to ensure no detail is overlooked. They use their training and expertise to oversee a senior transition with care and can help with some or all of the following:
- Developing an overall move or “age in place” plan
- Organizing, sorting and downsizing
- Customized floor plans
- Arranging for the profitable disposal of unwanted items through auction, estate sale, consignment, donation, or a combination of the above
- Interviewing, scheduling and overseeing movers
- Arranging shipments and storage
- Supervise and oversight of professional packing
- Unpacking and setting up the new home
- Related services, such as cleaning, waste removal, shopping, senior escort, assisting with selection of a realtor and helping prepare the home to be sold
Each client’s needs vary as well as the pace in which they work. This is why we charge an hourly rate per staff member. We will provide you with an estimate for the services you may need and we only charge you for the actual hours that are spent on your job. We continuously communicate with you so that there are no surprises when the bill comes.
Our services are offered in an à la carte fashion. You can select the services you need. As the job progresses, if your needs change, we can amend the contract to reflect the new services required.
Although we specialize in helping seniors, we will help anyone who needs to make a move. Our services are especially useful for families with young children and busy professionals.
The Move Planners does more than just move furniture and possessions. We work alongside our clients helping to make decisions about all of their belongings. On move day we oversee the moving company to ensure that all the clients desired items are moved to the new space and set up according to the space plan. We unpack the boxes and set up the new home, organizing the cupboards, closets and bathrooms and the beds are made. At the end of the day we remove all empty boxes and packing materials leaving the client in a comfortable and safe new home.
We are a member of the National Association of Senior Move Managers (NASMM). NASMM provides training designed to gently guide the senior client through the overwhelming transition they will likely face.
The Move Planners …
- Carries business liability insurance
- Take courses in Ethics, Safety and Liability & Risk
- Abides by NASMM’s strict Code of Ethics
- Has professional knowledge in downsizing which involves more than just packing
- Has extensive experience with older adult transitions
We have many options for coordinating the sale of your household possessions. We are fortunate to have a wide range of charities and resources in our community that accept donations. We do our best to sell or recycle all items and reduce the amount that has to go to the landfill.
Yes. Our years of experience has resulted in our extensive knowledge of the retirement communities, life-lease communities, condominium buildings, housing rental options and overall housing alternatives that are available throughout Simcoe County. If you are unsure of which option is right for you, we can provide professional guidance.
Yes. We provide boxes and supplies at competitive prices.